I'm experiencing tightness or discomfort at my implant site.
Try using an adhesive Cochlear™ SoftWear™ pad.
The Cochlear™ SoftWear™ Pad is optional. If you experience discomfort when wearing your sound processor, you can attach this adhesive pad to the back of your sound processor.
- First, remove any old pad from your sound processor.
- Peel off the single backing strip on the adhesive side of the pad.
- Attach the pad to the back of the sound processor – press down firmly.
- Peel off the two semicircle backing covers on the cushion side of the pad.
- Wear your sound processor as usual.
Are you using a retention aid?
If you're using a retention aid, such as a headband, this may be placing pressure on your processor. Adjust your retention aid, or try a different aid.
Your processor magnet may be too strong.
Ask your hearing care professional to change to a weaker magnet (and use a retention aid such as the Safety Line if you need to).
Don't ignore the problem.
If you continue to experience issues, or if you have a skin irritation at your implant site, contact your health care provider.