I've lost the connection with my Osia Smart App for iPhone® and I can't reconnect.
Force-close the app.
How you do this will depend on which Apple® device you're using.
To close the app on an iPhone X or later, or an iPad with iOS 12:
- Swipe up from the bottom of the Home screen and pause and lift your finger from the screen when your device presents all the apps you have open.
- Place your finger on the Osia Smart App and swipe up to close it completely.
On an iPhone 8 or earlier, double-click the Home button to show your most recently used apps.
Unpair your sound processor from your iPhone.
On your device, tap Settings > Accessibility > Hearing Devices. Under Devices, tap the name of your sound processor. Tap Forget this device.Note: You may also need to turn Bluetooth off and on.
Pair your sound processor back to your iPhone.
This is how to re-establish pairing with your iPhone:
- Make sure your sound processor is turned OFF by opening the battery door.
- On your iPhone, turn on Bluetooth under Devices.
- Go to Settings > Accessibility > Hearing Devices.
- Turn ON your sound processor by closing the battery door. It's now discoverable for 2 minutes.
Tap the name of your sound processor, once it appears.
Accept the pairing request.Note: You can watch a short video about how to pair your sound processor with your iPhone .