Do some general maintenance.
Follow these basic steps to keep your sound processor working properly:
- When you're not using your sound processor, turn it off and store it in a place free of dust and dirt. We recommend you store it in the inner case that comes with your Osia 2 System.
- Don't expose your sound processor to extreme temperatures (anything outside 14 F to 131 F).
- If you're not going to use your sound processor for a while, remove the battery.
- During physical activities, use the safety line to secure your sound processor.
- After exercise, wipe your sound processor with a soft cloth to remove any sweat or dirt.
- Remove your sound processor before applying hair conditioners, mosquito repellent or similar products.
Some other basic precautions.
Your sound processor is a delicate electronic device. You should take the following precautions:
Avoid exposing your sound processor to water (e.g. heavy rain) and always remove it before swimming or bathing (or use the Aqua + water-safe accessory).
If your sound processor gets wet or is exposed to a very humid environment, dry it with a soft cloth, remove the battery and let your sound processor dry out before inserting a new one.
If sand or dirt enters your sound processor, try to remove it carefully. Do not brush or wipe in the indents or holes of the casing.
Change your Cochlear SoftWear™ Pad
You should change your sound processor magnet SoftWear™ Pad regularly. Replace the SoftWear™ Pad if:
- You see a build-up of dirt or moisture that you can't wipe off.
- It looks worn-out or damaged.
- It gets uncomfortable to wear your sound processor.
You can purchase new SoftWear™ Pads on the Cochlear online store
Please contact your hearing health professional if changing your SoftWear™ Pads doesn’t help.
Clean your sound processor
Clean the external casing of your sound processor regularly with an alcohol-free wipe. Do not use water.Note: You can watch a short video about how to store your Osia® 2 Sound Processor in the inner case. Note: When you're not using your sound processor, remove the battery and put it in the inner case that comes with your Osia System.
Read your product manual for more specific instructions about care and maintenance.
Your Osia 2 Sound Processor comes with a user manual.
This guide has tips on how to best use, maintain and care for your sound processor.
Please read your manuals and keep them handy for future reference. This is the best way to make sure you get the most from your sound processor.
Store your sound processor correctly.
When you're not using your sound processor, we recommend you store it in the inner case that comes with your Osia 2 System.
For long-term storage, remember to remove the battery and to open the battery door as much as possible.Note: You can watch a short video about how to clean and maintain your Osia® 2 Sound Processor.
Need more help?
Get in touch with a member of our customer support team. We're available from 6:00am – 6:00pm MDT Monday to Friday and 8:00am – 12:00pm Saturday. Choose phone or chat and we'll take it from there.
That's great! Help us improve our troubleshooting.
We're happy your problem is solved. To help us improve, tell us what you did that solved your problem and anything we missed.